As a retiree of the Eversource/Northeast Utilities System, you are eligible to join the Association of Retirees of Eversource and Northeast Utilities (ARENU). If you are interested in becoming a member, you should complete the application form and send it directly to ARENU at the address indicated on the application form along with your dues.
What is ARENU?
The Association of Retirees of Eversource and Northeast Utilities is a group of individuals who have either retired from the Eversource/NU system or former employees receiving an Eversource/NU pension.
What’s ARENU’s Purpose?
ARENU’s purpose is to encourage good fellowship among its members, to promote recreational and social activities, and other worthwhile projects of interest to its members. In 1988 a group of retired NU system employees formed ARENU to establish and maintain broad, two-way communications between retirees and NU management.
ARENU maintains and monitors telephone numbers which may be called at any time:
Out of the Hartford Area: 1-800-286-5000 ext. 3067
Who Belongs to ARENU?
Of approximately 7,500 NU retirees and surviving spouses, more than 3400 are members of ARENU. ARENU maintains chapters in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and a satellite in Florida.
How do I Become a Member of ARENU?
Just complete and return an application form. Be sure to enclose a check for your lifetime dues of $25.
ARENU Application Form (PDF: 19KB)
More About ARENU
- ARENU Information document (PDF: 19KB)
- ARENU By-laws (PDF: 118KB)
- ARENU Organization Chart (PDF: 41KB)
- April – June 2018 (April-June 2018 – PDF: 2 MB)
- July – September 2018 (July-Sept. 2018 – PDF: 2 MB)
- October – December 2018 (October – December 2018 – PDF: 2MB)
ARENU Trips (PDF Format)
2019 Guided Tours
Book 3, Go FREE on Daytrips
When you book and attend 3 Daytrips – your 4th Daytrip is FREE!
Book 2 Cruise/Air Tours For Travel in 2018 & Save 5%
New ARENU members! Save 10% off your first tour.
Pick-up Point: 107 Selden Street, Berlin, CT (Eversource)
- One World New York City | September 12, 2019
- New York Botanical Gardens | October 15, 2019
- Shaker for a Day | August 25, 2020
- Sound of the 60s | October 6
Air, Cruise & Overnight Tours
- Alaska Fresh & Wild | August 11-23, 2019
- Mackinac Island: Back in Time | August 18-25, 2019
- Chile & Argentina | September 25 – October 8, 2019
- Through the Panama Canal | November 9-24, 2019
- Bliss to Beaches | February 2-16, 2020
- Cruising the Seine to Normandy | July 7-15, 2020
Book by June 30 & Save $200 pp!
- Lancaster in Style ~ Queen Esther | September 15-17, 2020
For More Tour Ideas, Click Tours of Distinction