As a retiree of the Eversource/Northeast Utilities System, you are eligible to join the Association of Retirees of Eversource and Northeast Utilities (ARENU). If you are interested in becoming a member, you should complete the application form and send it directly to ARENU at the address indicated on the application form along with your dues.
What is ARENU?
The Association of Retirees of Eversource and Northeast Utilities is a group of individuals who have either retired from the Eversource/NU system or former employees receiving an Eversource/NU pension.
What’s ARENU’s Purpose?
ARENU’s purpose is to encourage good fellowship among its members, to promote recreational and social activities, and other worthwhile projects of interest to its members. In 1988 a group of retired NU system employees formed ARENU to establish and maintain broad, two-way communications between retirees and NU management.
ARENU maintains and monitors telephone numbers which may be called at any time:
Out of the Hartford Area: 1-800-286-5000 ext. 3067
Who Belongs to ARENU?
Of approximately 7,500 NU retirees and surviving spouses, more than 3400 are members of ARENU. ARENU maintains chapters in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and a satellite in Florida.
How do I Become a Member of ARENU?
Just complete and return an application form. Be sure to enclose a check for your lifetime dues of $25.
ARENU Application Form (PDF: 19KB)
More About ARENU
- ARENU Information document (PDF: 19KB)
- ARENU By-laws (PDF: 118KB)
- ARENU Organization Chart (PDF: 41KB)
- September 2019 (September 2019 )
- October 2019 (October 2019)
- December 2019 – January 2020 (January 2020 Newsletter)
- April 2020 (ARENU April 2020 Newsletter)
- Zoom Video – The Happiness Club by Audrey Carlson
- Link to Video The Happiness Club Password: 3y+&dL&3
2019 ARENU CT Chapter Holiday Luncheon Registration
- Registration Form (2019 ARENU HOLIDAY LUNCHEON)
2019 Eversource Fall Back Bingo Event – November 8, 2019
ARENU Trips (PDF Format)
2020 Guided Tours
- Take 3 day trips and get a 4th free or get $100 off your next multi-day tour (restrictions apply)
- Book 2 or more land (excluding day trips), air or sea tours in 1 year and save 5% (promo code: 2LS185)
- Pay in full when booking your tour and save 5%
- New ARENU members! Save 10% off your first tour.
Pick-up Point: 107 Selden Street, Berlin, CT (Eversource)
- Providence – Italian Style –
June 16, 2020– to be rescheduled in spring 2021- the agenda will be the same as on flyer – a new flyer will be published when available
- Shaker for a Day |
July 28, 2020 – cancelled
- Botanical Gardens – September 16, 2020
- Sound of the 60s | October 6, 2020 ONLY 8 spaces open
Air, Cruise & Overnight Tours
- Cruising the Seine to Normandy |
July 7-15, 2020– new date June 29, 2021 – July 7, 2021 – the agenda will be the same as on the flyer – a new flyer will be published when available call Anne at 860-635-2968 to see if there are openings
- Southern Belles & Gentlemen |
September 5-9, 2020– to be rescheduled for 2021 – agenda will remain the same – a new flyer will be published when available
- Lancaster in Style ~ Queen Esther | September 15-17, 2020
Looking ahead to 2021
- Sounds of the South
- Cruising the Seine to Normandy – June 29, 2021 – July 7, 2021
- The 1000 Islands – August 24, 2021 – August 26, 2021
- Canadian Rockies – September 8, 2021 – September 14, 2021
- Duoro River Cruise – October 31, 2021 – November 9, 2021
- For More Tour Ideas, Click Tours of Distinction