As a retiree of the Eversource/Northeast Utilities System, you are eligible to join the Association of Retirees of Eversource and Northeast Utilities (ARENU). If you are interested in becoming a member, you should complete the application form and send it directly to ARENU at the address indicated on the application form along with your dues.
What is ARENU?
The Association of Retirees of Eversource and Northeast Utilities is a group of individuals who have either retired from the Eversource/NU system or former employees receiving an Eversource/NU pension.
What’s ARENU’s Purpose?
ARENU’s purpose is to encourage good fellowship among its members, to promote recreational and social activities, and other worthwhile projects of interest to its members. In 1988 a group of retired NU system employees formed ARENU to establish and maintain broad, two-way communications between retirees and NU management.
ARENU maintains and monitors telephone numbers which may be called at any time:
Out of the Hartford Area: 1-800-286-5000 ext. 3067
Who Belongs to ARENU?
Of approximately 7,500 NU retirees and surviving spouses, more than 3400 are members of ARENU. ARENU maintains chapters in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and a satellite in Florida.
How do I Become a Member of ARENU?
Just complete and return an application form. Be sure to enclose a check for your lifetime dues of $25.
ARENU Application Form (PDF: 19KB)
More About ARENU
- ARENU Information document (PDF: 19KB)
- ARENU By-laws (PDF: 118KB)
- ARENU Organization Chart (PDF: 41KB)
- January 2021 (ARENU January 2021 Newsletter)
- May 2021 (ARENU May 2021 Newsletter)
- September 2021 (ARENU September 2021 )
- December 2021 (ARENU December 2021 Newsletter)
- May 2022 (ARENU May 2022 Newletter)
- Oct 2022 (ARENU July – September 2022 Obituaries)
- Feb 2023 (ARENU -> February 2023 Obituaries)
ARENU Zoom Videos and Presentations
- Zoom Video – The Happiness Club by Audrey Carlson
- Link to Video The Happiness Club Password: 3y+&dL&3
- Sharper Minds: Ways to Maximize Cognitive and Brain Health – Dr Manning’s Presentation slides he used during the meeting.
- Link to Presentations Sharper Minds
- Zoom Video – Margery Winters, “Beyond Bird Feeders”
- Link to Video Beyond Bird Feeders
- Zoom Video – Kyla Shea, “Eat you Vitamins: Finding them in Food and Supplements”
- Link to Video Eat You Vitamins
- For More Information About Supplements click on the following Link: ForMoreInfoAboutSupplements
ARENU Travel Information (PDF Format)
Tours of Distinction has weathered the impact of COVID on the travel industry and is on the road again!!
Current ARENU trips planned with Tours of Distinction include:
- Providence, Italian Style – July 12, 2022
- enjoy a Historical Hill tour, lunch and Gondola Ride
- Long Island & the Hamptons – August 8, 2022 – August 9, 2022
- visit Old Westbury Gardens, The Hamptons, and Montauk Point
- The Canadian Rockies –
June 14, 2022 – June 20, 22– August 26, 2022-September 1, 2022
- Reservation form and disclaimer
- visit Vancouver, Jasper and Banff, enjoy a train ride through the Rocky Mountains
- Exploring our Past – September 14, 2022
- cruise along the Hudson, choose wine tasting or a visit the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor
- Pleasures of Portugal – October 4, 2022 – October 12, 2022
- Reservation form and disclaimer
- includes Lisbon, Sintra, Roca Cape, Oidos, Coimbra, Fatima, Porto, and the Douro River Valley
- Sounds of the 60’s – October 4, 2022
- experience the history of the 60’s and Woodstock Festival at the Museum at Bethel Woods, the Catskill Distilling Company, and Stray Cat Gallery
For additional travel ideas, visit Tours of Distinction.
For questions, please feel free to contact Anne Kaiser at annemkaiser@yahoo or 860-635-2968.